I was just googling for recipes of detox soups and stumbled upon this blog. Not only is the recipe looking really simple, good and – freezer-friendly – it is written by an amazing woman! Go to her “about” page and read about her, it really is very moving and motivating.
I found this via Pinterest, for use for a 4 day detox where you only eat this…but that is just not healthy. (fads bad, clean eating good) But I thought the soup sounded really yummy. So I made a HUGE batch of it yesterday. All of the ingredients are nice and healthy, and if you purchased organic, and minimally processed ingredients (The lentils and beans), this is a perfect clean recipe! You can add more veggies, just no starchy veggies (potatoes).
- 1/2 cabbage, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 28 ounce can of chopped tomatoes ( or 5 chopped fresh tomatoes)
- 1/2 bag of dry uncooked lentils, washed
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 package of sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion chopped
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 4-5 cans of water (the large tomato can) 28 ounces X 5
View original post 89 more words